O2 seor placement. Re: DIY_EFI Digest V4 #516

ECMnut at aol.com ECMnut at aol.com
Fri Sep 10 13:30:19 GMT 1999

I have put a heated O2 sensor way down on the header collector
of a 396 Camaro with no problem at all.  Was tempted to try it a few
meters further back, but didn't wanna poke the hole in the new pipes.
Don't know about the one-wire sensors.  That might be tough.
The heated 3 wire bosch should work without a problem.
Also resists lead contamination better than one-wire, if that
is an issue.
HTH
Mike V
<<
 Does any one know how far from the exhaust valve the O2 Sensor can be
 placed. Due to restrictions I can place it :
 1) About  1  pipe meter length from the motor (exhaust valve),
 2) About 1.8 meters  from the exhaust valve and  after the muffler. This
 will however be  within 200 mm of the open end of the exhaust pipe. Perhaps
 some power boat people  or Hot Rod fans have tried different location? The
 Exhaust pipe is on the outside of the car and the reasons are aesthetics.