MAF offset

Alex C. Peper xxalexx at popd.ix.netcom.com
Sun Sep 12 19:14:56 GMT 1999

I cut the MAF line and placed a A/D - micro. - D/A in the line.
This is known as intercept method.   You can modify the input
to what ever output you want.  O2 voltage, RPM, and water temp
were other inputs, but only one output.  I am not sure what would
happen if you tapped the O2 line into the MAF.
For cold start and safety I used a normally closed bypass relay
I might be doing some more work on this in future, if you need
a simple offset box for small donation let me know.
Alex

> Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 18:53:55 -0400
> From: bjanesi at juno.com
> Subject: Re: Bosch MAF for VAF swap
>
> Hi Alex-
>
> Thanks for the response.  Although I have a basic understanding of
> electronics, I'm not an electrical design engineer, so this is probably a
> bit over my head.  Tying the MAF output to the O2 sensor output does
> sound interesting though, but what about cold start-up when running open
> loop?  I guess there would have to be a default setting for open loop.
>
> I know the Split Second Co. has a control box with 3 different pots; I
> believe one sets the base idle, one sets mid-range, and the 3rd sets
> voltage at maximum air-flow.  Fine tuning is done primarily via
> observation of an O2 sensor meter, so it is a manual approach to what it
> sounds like you have done automatically with the adaptive feedback.
>
> Any chance you have a schematic on any of this?  Any info would be
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks again,
>
> Brad (brad.anesi at netiq.com <--- use this address if sending attachments)

Alex C Peper