Bosch MAF for VAF

bjanesi at juno.com bjanesi at juno.com
Sat Sep 11 23:30:15 GMT 1999

Thanks for the input John-

I think the problem is not so much knowing the flow, as it is correctly
adjusting the hot-wire voltage output over a range of flow conditions to
match what is normally delivered to the PCM by the stock VAF meter.
Monitoring via an air-fuel (O2 sensor) meter, is probably a better way to
correctly adjust this, but I suspect a single static adjustment will only
provide a match at one flow setting, and not the entire range (but I
don't yet have any specific data to back up that statement).

FWIW, I do have an extra pressure transducer pulled from an APC-equipped
Saab turbo.  What year is your 900?

Brad Anesi