Bosch MAF for VAF swap

bjanesi at juno.com bjanesi at juno.com
Sat Sep 11 23:30:01 GMT 1999

Hi Alex-

Thanks for the response.  Although I have a basic understanding of
electronics, I'm not an electrical design engineer, so this is probably a
bit over my head.  Tying the MAF output to the O2 sensor output does
sound interesting though, but what about cold start-up when running open
loop?  I guess there would have to be a default setting for open loop.

I know the Split Second Co. has a control box with 3 different pots; I
believe one sets the base idle, one sets mid-range, and the 3rd sets
voltage at maximum air-flow.  Fine tuning is done primarily via
observation of an O2 sensor meter, so it is a manual approach to what it
sounds like you have done automatically with the adaptive feedback.

Any chance you have a schematic on any of this?  Any info would be
appreciated.

Thanks again,

Brad (brad.anesi at netiq.com <--- use this address if sending attachments)