Wired foo

Orin Eman orin at wolfenet.com
Sat Sep 11 20:47:36 GMT 1999

> On Sat, 11 Sep 1999, DIY_EFI Digest wrote:

> > Naturally, the experts think it's too good to be true -- although they
> > can't exactly say why.

> I don't know why they can't.  I can; it violates the Second Law of
> Thermodynamics.  Entropy has to increase.  That engine decreases entropy
> by converting heat energy into rotational energy.  The engine has to
> output entropy somewhere.

You can convert heat energy into rotational energy easily enough...
it's what you car engine does.  There is a lot of heat energy to
convert though.

I suspect that there isn't enough heat energy in ambient air
to drive it through their system and have any energy left over.
In fact, I'd guess you would have to input energy.

Imagine if it did work - a self-powered refrigerator!

Orin.