Vapor Pressure of Water

A70Duster at aol.com A70Duster at aol.com
Mon Sep 13 21:46:14 GMT 1999

<< Does anyone have the formulae for Vapor Pressure?  If I assume RH is 75%
and can
 measure the Air Temperature inside the intake manifold what is the
calculation
 for vp? >>

I feel I have a good contribution for this one.

>From steam tables, I calculated a forth order polynomial fitted curve for the
pressures of saturated water vapor between 40 °F and 100 °F at 14.7 PSI.

Partial Pressure of Water Vapor =

(0.0672 - 0.0022175 * TEMP
    + 1.1065E-04 * TEMP ^ 2
    - 8.7841E-07 * TEMP ^ 3
    + 8.7671E-09 * TEMP ^ 4)

To find the partial pressure (in PSI) of water vapor with known relative
humidity, put in the temperature (°F) and multiply by the relative humidity
value.

Vapor pressure of water (below 100 °F) should never be over 1 PSI at STP.

I have an executable program that determines relative humidity and oxygen to
water ratio.  The user needs to input a dry bulb temperature, wet bulb
temperature, and atmospheric pressure.  If interested, please email me back.