solid, port-able filler for intake manifold?

Rich Mauruschat rsrich at cwcom.net
Thu Sep 16 13:24:58 GMT 1999

-----Original Message-----
From: DIY_EFI Digest <DIY_EFI-Digest-Owner at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
To: DIY_EFI-Digest at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu
<DIY_EFI-Digest at efi332.eng.ohio-state.edu>
Date: 16 September 1999 11:03
Subject: DIY_EFI Digest V4 #527

>Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 23:55:35 -0400
>From: Chris Conlon <synchris at ricochet.net>
>Subject: solid, port-able filler for intake manifold?
>
>Hi,
>
>For my next silly question, I'm looking for some putty or clay like
>material to fill in large areas of an intake manifold. Once it hardens
>I want to be able to come back with grinding tools and reshape it.

Chris,
Try Devcon "Titanium Putty". They recommend this for aluminium as it has a
very similar coefficient of expansion over the temperature range involved.
They do a range of similar stuff for different conditions; it's not cheap,
but is supposed to do the job (and not fall out!).
www.devcon.com (predictably enough!)
good luck
Rich