TPI to Vortec conversion

Ernst denBroeder edenbroe at cisco.com
Mon Sep 20 14:04:37 GMT 1999

> Does anyone have any insight into putting a 87-up TPI manifold on the L31
> Vortec heads? Seems like the best deal around at $400\pair complete. I have
> heard the ports are raised .100, and the bolt holes are now vertical. Can it
> be done with minimal work?
>
> Bob Groger
> TPI 350\Mercedes SEL Project

Bob,

These heads will and do work with the TPI intakes.  All you need to do is drill
and tap some bolt holes in each head.  I follow the conversations on
www.thirdgen.org (for Firebird, Camaro owners) and there are lots of people
there with first hand experience with this conversion.  I remember reading once
on that site that there is a company that sells modified Vortec heads for TPI
applications...  but you'll have to ask around on that site because I don't
remember the name of the company.

Hope that helps you some.
Ernst denBroeder