Scratch built EFI

David Hiatt dchiatt at uswest.net
Wed Sep 22 04:30:15 GMT 1999

------=_NextPart_000_0044_01BF0478.76918C60

Warning long post:
I have been lurking on the EFI forum for a while and was hoping if you guys would help me.
I am an race engine builder of old and have worked on everything from Topfuel and blown
alcohol rails to Pro gas, and realize from my lurking that I'm clueless to this electronic
stuff. For once I feel pretty much lost in a field I usually feel comfortable in.
I'm hoping you can help me with a project I'm trying to build. What I have are two engine
(2100cc VW, and 190 C.I.. Corvair) both converted for aircraft use. I'm using a Ellison
throttle body type injection system designed for aircraft use and expensive but good. I
want to build a fuel injection system that's simply, light, reliable, and inexpensive that
I could build for each one of these engines.
But I don't know where to start I see all this MAF, VAF, DFI, PWM stuff and I'm again
lost. I would like some help with this and wondered if you guys would be willing to help
me or point me in the direction of someone that could or a good book or place to start.

I have collected a few web sites on FI and wondered if anyone of you might send me your
library of sites so I can start this process. Digital seems the lightest and least complex
from today's technology, any thoughts?

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

 David L. Hiatt
Auburn, Washington
98092

------=_NextPart_000_0044_01BF0478.76918C60

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#800080 face=3DTahoma><U>Warning long =
post:</U></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DTahoma>I have been lurking on the EFI forum for a =
while and was=20
hoping if you guys would help me. I am an race engine builder of old and =
have=20
worked on everything from Topfuel and blown alcohol rails to Pro gas, =
and=20
realize from my lurking that I'm clueless to this electronic stuff. For =
once I=20
feel pretty much lost in a field I usually feel comfortable =
in.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DTahoma>I'm hoping you can help me with a project I'm =
trying to=20
build. What I have are two engine (2100cc VW, and 190 C.I.. Corvair) =
both=20
converted for aircraft use. I'm using a Ellison throttle body type =
injection=20
system designed for aircraft use and expensive but good. I want to build =
a fuel=20
injection system that's simply, light, reliable, and inexpensive that I =
could=20
build for each one of these engines. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DTahoma>But I don't know where to start I see all this =
MAF, VAF,=20
DFI, PWM stuff and I'm again lost. I would like some help with this and =
wondered=20
if you guys would be willing to help me or point me in the direction of =
someone=20
that could or a good book or place to start.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DTahoma>I have collected a few web sites on FI and =
wondered=20
if&nbsp;anyone of you might send me your library of sites so I can start =
this=20
process. Digital seems the lightest and least complex from today's =
technology,=20
any thoughts?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000080 face=3DTahoma><U>Any and all help will be =
greatly=20
appreciated!</U></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DTahoma><SPAN class=3D791580602-22091999><FONT =
color=3D#0000ff=20
face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;</FONT></SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DTahoma><SPAN class=3D791580602-22091999><FONT =
color=3D#0000ff=20
face=3DArial size=3D2>&nbsp;</FONT></SPAN>David L. Hiatt<BR>Auburn,=20
Washington<BR>98092<BR></DIV></FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0044_01BF0478.76918C60--