scratch EFI

steve ravet sravet at arm.com
Wed Sep 22 12:58:03 GMT 1999

> Warning long post:
> I have been lurking on the EFI forum for a while and was hoping if you guys would help me.
> I am an race engine builder of old and have worked on everything from Topfuel and blown
> alcohol rails to Pro gas, and realize from my lurking that I'm clueless to this electronic
> stuff. For once I feel pretty much lost in a field I usually feel comfortable in.
> I'm hoping you can help me with a project I'm trying to build. What I have are two engine
> (2100cc VW, and 190 C.I.. Corvair) both converted for aircraft use. I'm using a Ellison
> throttle body type injection system designed for aircraft use and expensive but good. I
> want to build a fuel injection system that's simply, light, reliable, and inexpensive that
> I could build for each one of these engines.
> But I don't know where to start I see all this MAF, VAF, DFI, PWM stuff and I'm again
> lost. I would like some help with this and wondered if you guys would be willing to help
> me or point me in the direction of someone that could or a good book or place to start.
>
> I have collected a few web sites on FI and wondered if anyone of you might send me your
> library of sites so I can start this process. Digital seems the lightest and least complex
> from today's technology, any thoughts?
>
> Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!

Hi David, have you looked around on the diy_efi WWW page?  There are
definitions of those acronyms there, plus an archive that goes back to
the very beginning that you can search.  Plus links to other sites,
lists of books, SAE papers, etc.  There's some learning curve, but it
won't be long before you're throwing acronyms around with the best.

Can you turn off sending HTML mail in your mail program?  That's where
the stuff below comes from, and it just takes up space in the archive.

--steve

--
Steve Ravet
steve.ravet at arm.com