'93 Ford EEC-IV

clayb clayb at sonic.net
Thu Apr 6 14:41:17 GMT 2000

> Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 21:40:35 -0600
> From: "Programmer" <nwester at eidnet.org>
> Subject: Re: '93 Ford EEC-IV
>
> oh--well, then--you're in for a long, long wait. Best of luck, cause
> they share squidly. First off, the info is scrambled, the algorythms
> in most ECA's changes per vehicle--I've personally seen 4 different
> ECA's in the same model/year pickup. You can try "Shiftmaster"--but
> you'll still rely on them somewhat, and be about 8 years behind the
> technology.

I wasn't going to give up quite that easy. While these ECU's may not be
as well known as the GM's, I've already seen calibration tables with
their associated labels. Also, a product is available that copies ROM to
RAM on startup, along with the modifications you have chosen to make.

The main problem I'm facing is I'm not familiar with all the cryptic
labels relating to the timing maps. Also, I need to know if timing can
be mapped vs. manifold absolute pressure. It is obvious they can be
tuned, I just need a little more info. I'm not surprised the chip
jockey's won't share, but there are surely other folks out there who are
familiar enough with these ECU's. Thought I might find one of them on
this list.