Digital Speedometer

MysticZ lt1_z28 at houston-f-body.org
Mon Apr 10 16:53:34 GMT 2000

cwagner at info2000.net wrote:

> Does anyone have anything that could help me in building a digital
> speedometer for use as a HUD?  I am not worried about the
> reflective surface right now, I am more interested in the electronics
> part of it.

I've been working on that for a couple of weeks now. There's more to it
than just a speedo, though (tach, oil pressure, A/F, and water temp), so
it's using a microcontroller of some kind to generate the data and send
it to MAX7219s and LM3914s as appropriate. The biggest problem is
getting the speedo signal (this is on a motorcycle which has a
mechanical speedo).
--
Steve
97 Chevy Camaro Z28, Mystic teal, A4, not stock