87 TPI Fuel Pressure Setting

Nic van der Walt nvdw at cellpt.co.za
Tue Apr 11 13:03:01 GMT 2000

>>The 5.0 (305) injectors are 19lb/hr @ 36psi.  The 5.7 (350)  injectors are
>>22lb/hr @ 43.5psi
>
>Does this make anyone else think that they're the same injector, just varying
>the rates by changing fuel pressure?
>
>I thought that originally too, but when you apply the formula for flow rate
>with increased fuel pressure it works out to 20.88lb/hr.

The formula is a great start, but this is a dynamic non-linear system. I
doubt the
theoretical 20.88 is even close. Anybody capable of measuring the actual flow?

Increased pressure would slow down opening time, speed up closing time, and
overcome
the inertia of the fuel in the system quicker.

When I get an adjustable regulator on my bike I'll test this.

N.

Yamaha 650 Turbo - ARM powered EFI in progress