EPROM Eraser not erasing New EPROM

93 Formula red93formula at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 14 20:50:03 GMT 2000

>From: Roger Heflin  <rah at horizon.hit.net>
>That sounds like the right procedure.    The black part is plugged
>into the socket correctly and tight?

I've been leaving the modified IDC plug right on the memcal and just
slipping the ends into the ZIF socet for the programmer. I didnt really trim
the ends so they are still about 1.5" long but I dont think that is a
problem since I was able to read in the prom with no problem.
>If you destroy the eprom don't worry, the eprom's are about $2-$5
>each, it is the carriers and that other chip that are expensive.
>Removing it and reinstalling a new one will be a pain that it should
>not be that bad.

Does the chip need a break time between the eraser and the programmer to be
checked? I've just been moving it from one to the other.
What are my chances of it working to dump the file to the chip without the
FFs appearing first? Zip?
Jeff