"Faking" an O2 sensor

Peter Gargano peter at ntserver.techedge.com.au
Sat Apr 15 07:10:12 GMT 2000

You're right, $90 is a bit steep for a resistor (glorified or not!).
But an O2 simulator has to send a varying signal to the ECM. What
you're paying $90 for is a fake sine wave simulator - perhaps it's
not much more than an 8 pin 555 chip, and maybe you're paying for a
square wave. I guess there's no competition in the marketplace.

OTOH, perhaps they're much more complex than this?

PG