"Faking" an O2 sensor

MysticZ lt1_z28 at houston-f-body.org
Sat Apr 15 17:53:20 GMT 2000

Dave & Irina Eicher wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
> I agree with you wholeheartedly. I'm faced with the same problem time and
> again. I'm working on putting my 1998 z28 engine/trans (LS1/T56) into my
> 1964 Impala SS. I will remove the Cats and will have to solve that problem.
> I've got bigger problems right now though. I sure do wish I could find a
> piece of software that would allow me to reprogram that PCM, like remove the
> VATS, adjust fuel maps, etc.

If you were using an LT1 it would be simple. Just use an OBDI computer
and get the $100 editing software for it. Eventually I plan on doing
that, but first I need to do some other things (headers, some porting,
bigger throttle body, etc.). WIth the exhaust that I'm planning I'm not
sure what's going to happen with the post-cat o2 sensors, so I'd prefer
to just do away with them.

> I would think you only need to provide a voltage back to the PCM that is
> right a Stoch, no?

That's what I'm thinking, or hijack the pre-cat sensor signal and modify
it to be a bit leaner then send it to the post-cat sensor wiring. Should
work.
--
Steve
97 Chevy Camaro Z28, Mystic teal, A4, not stock