New Saab Engine Tech

nacelp nacelp at bright.net
Tue Apr 18 17:34:24 GMT 2000

My (dumb guy) way of thinking about it is:
It takes x amount of Energy, to move y weight, z distance. Second two items
are fixed, so the only variable is the engine.  So as long as the engines
say both make 10 HP with 2 lbs of fuel, the mileage will be about the same.
Some theories, don't mean a hill of beans in the practical work, of
measuring real performance.   Like using lots of EGR and/or wide throttle
openings for cruise.  I have yet to get better mileage or throttle response
than tuning for a min TPS value.  Your results may vary.  For highway
mileage it's about finding the engines sweet spot tune wise.  Guy I know is
getting 31 MPG (C/K Pick-up) with a 5.7 vortec being run by a 747.
Grumpy
   Speciallizing in simple explainations (least trying too <<g>>), cause
that's all I can understand lately.....