Programming chip

Dan Plaskett dynastydan at worldnet.att.net
Sat Apr 22 11:37:02 GMT 2000

Shannen

Got your and Bruce's messages about double entering the bin after I stuck
the new chip in.  I think it must have gone into limp home mode.  As soon as
I put a load on the engine, it died.  Can you elaborate on this Hex Workshop
program?  Where could I get it?  Also is there any advantage to using the
larger chips?  Any disadvantage, other than the need to copy and paste the
bin file multiple times?
Dan

"Shannen Durphey" <shannen at grolen.com> wrote:

> I've tried it.  I am using 27c256 chips now for the 165 ecm's, and for
> the 16k syty calibration, with no trouble so far.  I was using a
> 27c512 for a short time, until it met an untimely demise.
>
> But don't forget that you need to load the file into the top of the
> chip.  The easiest way that I've found is to use Hex Workshop to load
> the original file, copy all the data, and paste it at the end as many
> times as needed to fill the chip.  The trick with this is that your
> editor will want to edit the lower set of values, while the ecm will
> run on the upper set.
> Shannen
>
> Dan Plaskett wrote:
> >
> > Anyone ever tried using a 27C512 chip in place of a 27C256?  I just read
one
> > of my 91 vette chips, created a bin file, programmed it into the 27C512
> > chip, read it back and created a bin file, then opened it using the
TunerCat

majordomo at lists.diy-efi.org