Lastest news... possible dodgy TPS?

Ade + Lamb Chop alaw at mrc.soton.ac.uk
Sun Apr 23 13:07:29 GMT 2000

Hi All,

You may remeber that We have a 1997 mini Cooper sport called Truffie which
stutters when coming of idle.

Well I had another look yesterday, ran the engine for a bit and blipped the
throttle to make sure the problem was still there and get a feal for the
quantity of stutter.

Stopped engine and disconnected TPS. Restarted engine.. blipped throttle
again and the stutter got slightly worse... Which at least means the wiring
is working.. Reconnected TPS and checked it is working as well as it did
before.

So before I go and buy a TPS from Rover (proabably expensive) what else
could it be? The TPS is a POT and pots get dirty... sounds like a probably
cause to me....

Ade