Newbie needs advice

nacelp nacelp at bright.net
Mon Apr 24 21:11:00 GMT 2000

> Been there,doing that.  I have an 86 Vette TPI and am currently doing what
> you want to do.  I have a new 406 that I just built and a 61 Vette with a
91
> TPI intake system and my brother is working on a 1980 Vette with a speed
> density system so I decided to learn what I could about the programs,
> burning proms and diagnostics.  First you need to realize that you will
> probably end up spending much more doing this than you would ever spend
> having a custom chip programmed.

Ya, but done right his chip will run circles around the others.
There are alot of aftermarket chips, that are basically junk in which case,
that money is just wasted.
Least he stands at least a chance of selling the old equipment.
Might learn something is the process of designing his own, and by word of
mouth others might try something as daring.
Grumpy