Old 486 Board for ECU??

Diehl, Jeffrey jdiehl at sandia.gov
Fri Apr 28 21:40:11 GMT 2000

Huh?  The PC will boot of the floppy even if there is not hard drive.  You
simply have to set the hard drive to "not installed."  You could burn an
operating system onto a chip and boot it from a network card, btw.  If your
os was strong enough, you could use the network card to perform updates...
Just thinking.  I am very interested in this idea.

Mike.