Old 486 Board for ECU??

Mike from West Australia erazmus at wantree.com.au
Sat Apr 29 16:32:36 GMT 2000

At 04:22 PM 28/4/2000 -0600, you wrote:
>Oops.  Spoke before I thought.  I've spent so much time trying to get
>Windows to do what I want with a hard drive that I forgot it was an option
>to disable it.  We have a couple of computers in our dyno rooms with floppy
>drives that consistently corrupt floppy disks just because of the junk that
>floats around in the air out there.  These same conditions exist under that
>dash of a car, so that's my basis for saying that a floppy drive would
>eventually fail (most likely when you're on a road trip in the middle of
>Alaska with no computer store for 500 miles).

Floppy drives are so cheap you could have 4 in the same box if you
really wanted and have the BIOS go through each one...

Put he box in the boot by the way and just have a signal conditioner
near the engine etc.

Rgds

Mike Massen

Pictures of site installation at Mendulong near Sipitang, Sabah (Malaysia)
Remote Area Power System   http://www.wantree.com.au/~erazmus

Vehicle modifications on GMH Turbo, twin tyres, possible 175Kw at wheels
Preliminary pictures at http://www.wantree.com.au/~erazmus/Twin_tyre_vehicle/

Editorial on twin-tyre opinion and good reference about tyres:-
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/2195/ttyreopinion.html

Ancient Sufi saying:
        "Should your God save you from adversity, choose another God"