Injector Angle

nacelp nacelp at bright.net
Sun Apr 30 13:38:06 GMT 2000

> I need to know if there is an "optimum" injector angle.

Probably, but you can't even get close to it, with a convential designed
manifold.  Some of the new motorcycle stuff comes closest.  But packaging
for a v-8 gets complicated ie IR and 8 butterflies, likage etc.

> I don't want to screw up a custom sheet steel intake.

Steel?.  Might look further into "brazing" AL.

> Also don't want the fuel to revert back to a puddle of liquid.

Unless SFI Mechanical at 2,000 to 3,000 PSI, it will anyway.
Don't get to wrapped up on details there are no real cure for.
Getting the right amount of fuel there is big concern, if vaporization or
adamization is secondary.  Your going to have some of both reguardless of
what ya do.  You'll just be talking small percents anyway, of which way you
move things.
Grumpy