Affordable Wideband ECUs - How to?

Jörgen Karlsson jurg at pp.sbbs.se
Sat Apr 1 00:58:06 GMT 2000

Well, I am sort of the tech assistant for a friend that has a fp. That
usually mean that whenever he buys anything I am the one that plays with the
stuff... He just installs it and drive the car.

But the timing is a bit bad, he left for Florida two days ago.

I am sure that I can scan a copy of the manual when he gets back, I hope
that no fp guys are listening. The tuning software is available at their
site. It was hell to find it and I have lost the link, I uploaded it to:
ftp://ftp.diy-efi.org/incoming/cc_demo.zip I am sure that they dont mind. It
is 297kb in size and works on win2000, I am not sure if it can connect to
the ecu if run on w2k.

On the 'dashboard' you can see a lot of info on the o2 sensor. I haven't
looked at it much but I guess that it is for debugging sensors that act up.
I think that everything can be datalogged.

Our sensor and fp box is matched to each other, the sensor is marked with
the serial# of the box. The first box we got was defective (or as I see it
they sent the wrong box) and the box and sensor had to be returned. This can
of course be a mistake from the guys that sold the stuff... Scott's
observations strongly suggest that the sensor has a calibration resistor on
its connector.

I have noted that when the number in the VE table is to far from the correct
number the o2 sometimes tend to oscillate. I think this happens when the
value is more then 15-20% off and I think that it was only when the mixture
was very rich (turbo rich). But this can of course be something about the
car, syclones are pretty strange... Maybe it is the water injection
(aquamist). This fp is bank to bank.

BTW How much are the aquamist systems in the us? I think that I can get a
good deal on them here.

Jörgen Karlsson
Gothenburg, Sweden