WPSLPGExhaust Gas Oxygen (EGO) sensor Information

Seth sethea at mediaone.net
Wed Aug 2 21:49:24 GMT 2000

I am gonna put my flame suit on for a sec here.  Don't take that as me
being a "guru" though.

I was always taught that there is a small useable area on the curve of a
standard EGO (besides the steep "switch") and it is rich of stoich.
Mostly because there is still some slope on the rich side (but not much,
and it looks like you'd have big problems with any offset errors when 80
millivolts covers lambda .99 to lambda .80). That being said, I do not
have practical experience with exploring that area of a standard
EGO/HEGO.  I also don't think this is done in practice, at least in production.

-Seth