Closed loop/open loop @ WOT

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Fri Aug 4 04:43:24 GMT 2000

> Didn't we have a group of people hacking away on the archives at one
> time?  I thought people were downloading a few months worth and trimming
> it to what is necessary.  In fact someone was writing a quick program to
> cut them up automatically.

They were trimmed of the headers, and zipped.
I've spent months working on them.
I have well over a years worth done. But, when your doing yourself takes
time, and since no one wants to help, it really must not be too important
since no one really wants to actually do any work.

> I joined this list over a year ago and I stay in the background most of
> the time.  I have read the archives in pieces, but it is still a VERY
> steep learning curve for someone without an EE degree.  I have to admit
> that I have started to gain a lot more knowledge since LT1_Edit came
> out, but I still don't have a good idea of what I'm doing yet.

I'd venture a guess the EE's are in the minority.
After ya read them a few times, they make more sense.

> I'm sure the 'experts' here get real tired of writing 'READ THE
> ARCHIVES' and if you were to do a search for that alone you would
> probably end up with 5 days worth of reading.  I get tired of hearing it
> so much that I just delete the whole thread the first time some says
> it.  I'm probably missing some good stuff when I do this.

So, then just ignoring them is a better response?.
Unless you put some time into it, you'll never have a firm grasp on it.
Why try to cover a complex subject in a paragraph when there are excellent
threads about some subjects?.
Why jus repeat the same stuff over and over?.
That's way there's 5 days worth of reading cause so often the stuff is again
just repeated....

> The trouble with EFI in general is that it is such a broad subject, that
> encompasses so much data, that one has no clear direction on where to
> start.  When you tell someone to 'read the archives' it's like telling
> them to jump in the middle of the ocean and swim to the shore.  Instead
> of telling everyone to just 'read the archives', it might be more
> productive to lead them to the water a little.

Gee, what do you think, 101, tuning.doc, definitions, etc, are for?.
How much hand holding needs done?.
Your right it is emcompassing, that's way you need to do alot of reading to
get a grasp of what's going on.
Grumpy
  Feel free to volunteer to help clean up the archives.