Closed loop/open loop @ WOT

Glen Beard gbeard1 at nycap.rr.com
Fri Aug 4 04:21:50 GMT 2000

Orin wrote:

> Now I don't want to hear anything more about the archives
> unless it's "I have some spare time and would like to
> help fix them".

Didn't we have a group of people hacking away on the archives at one
time?  I thought people were downloading a few months worth and trimming
it to what is necessary.  In fact someone was writing a quick program to
cut them up automatically.

I joined this list over a year ago and I stay in the background most of
the time.  I have read the archives in pieces, but it is still a VERY
steep learning curve for someone without an EE degree.  I have to admit
that I have started to gain a lot more knowledge since LT1_Edit came
out, but I still don't have a good idea of what I'm doing yet.

I'm sure the 'experts' here get real tired of writing 'READ THE
ARCHIVES' and if you were to do a search for that alone you would
probably end up with 5 days worth of reading.  I get tired of hearing it
so much that I just delete the whole thread the first time some says
it.  I'm probably missing some good stuff when I do this.

The trouble with EFI in general is that it is such a broad subject, that
encompasses so much data, that one has no clear direction on where to
start.  When you tell someone to 'read the archives' it's like telling
them to jump in the middle of the ocean and swim to the shore.  Instead
of telling everyone to just 'read the archives', it might be more
productive to lead them to the water a little.

</soapbox>
<back to the background>

--
Glen Beard  95 T/A conv M6