Where to get Bosch LSM-11 sensors at a decent price.

Jörgen Karlsson jurg at pp.sbbs.se
Fri Aug 4 22:17:53 GMT 2000

> >My engine management system has to use these and the manufacturer's price
> >seem a bit high($200!).
>
> Gee, if those are US$, doesn't sound all that high to me. I don't have
> any reason whatsoever to hype you, mate, but I can tell you that the way
> in which Bosch has made the LSM-11 capable of being use as a WB sensor,
> whilst being constructed basically like a normal HEGO, requires some
> *very* tight mfg. QA. Since the sensor has no intrinsic free-air
> calibration capability, the variation of the calibration curve from
> sensor to sensor and with temperature has to be VERY tightly controlled
> at the factory.
>
> One o'those rare times you get what you pay for. I wouldn't hold out for
> $100/sensor any time soon. What's more likely to happen is they'll be
> "end-of-life"d as we used to say in the electronics world, and the price
> will gradually climb. Might be time to find the very lowest priced
> supplier, and stock up just a bit.

I can't understand where this reply to my question has been for the last
weeks...
But now I have finally seen it, I have also heard that Volvo uses these
sensors on some California vehicles.

Around $160 at the dealer over here, including tax. Without tax that would
be $128. It is the same price that Volvo charges for their ordinary o2
sensors over here. Strange. How easy is it to identify an LSM-11 sensor? I
haven't seen one yet...

Jörgen Karlsson
Gothenburg, Sweden