Hello Everyone

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Thu Aug 10 13:46:14 GMT 2000

I don't have the URL handy, but get a Digi-Key catalog.  They have all kinds
of must have items.
The ZIFs "Generally" need to be the long pigtail version to work in a 165
with the mid case access door they are a little bit of a pain to work with.
I have a 165 minus case that I use when doing 165 work, since I screwed up
the ZIF mounting not paying attention  to the case, the 730 was a no
brainer.
BTW, you'll want and IDE header, so that when you have the perfect chip,
then you can use that to write a finished memcal.
Grumpy

> New member here.  Well actually I joined quite some time ago to learn how
> tune my 89 Corvette by editing my prom software.  I quickly learned that
> this was not the place to start and that I needed to do alot of research
and
> reading.  I am familiar with the GM engine management system in my car and
> how it works.  I now have software (GMEPRO I wanted a DOS based program)
for
> customizing my own prom.  After getting familiar with the tables you can
> edit with the GM Epro, I am now ready to buy the programmer and erazor.  I
> do however have some easy questions for the experts out there.  What I
would
> like to do is modify my extra calpak by removing the EPROM and replacing
> with a ZIF socket.  This seems to me to the easiest way to swap chips.
That