Hello, Chip tuning (Digifant)

Bernd Felsche bernie at innovative.iinet.net.au
Sat Aug 12 02:00:14 GMT 2000

justin ivan tapped away at the keyboard with:

> Can anyone give me some guidance on where to look for info on programming a
> digifant VW computer. I have a program from Kevin Timmerman that allows me
> to graphically edit the table values which has been a great begging piece
> but does not allow me to change injector duty to install bigger injectors.

I wasn't aware that there was such a program in existence at all.
It also begs the question as to which Digifant? Last I checked,
there were no less than a dozen ECUs labelled Digifant.

> >From what I have heard from Kevin and others this is quite complicated but I
> know it can be done. A programmer in PA has recently done it. Of course he
> wants over 600 bucks for one prgram and I am constantly changing stuff on my
> car. I am looking to go from 240cc's to something on the order of 450-500cc
> to allow form ~280 or so hp. Please respond with any info.

I too would be interested in such information.

Re the injectors (?); you may well find that the duty cycle would be
too short for a stable idle. (Can you tell us what other changes
you've made and the base engine?) A second set of 240s would provide you
with better controllability - and if you are able to reprogram the
ECU, you may be able to use one of the "spare" I/O (with an external
injector driver for the supplementary set).

--
Bernd Felsche - Innovative Reckoning
Perth, Western Australia