What's up with this list?

JN jwn at sgi.net
Sat Aug 12 14:36:54 GMT 2000

I have posted a couple questions about the relationship between block learn
cell numbers and MAF tables.  Car is an 89 Corvette.  Actually I posted the
same question twice and have not had even one response.  I don't understand
this.  I educated myself as much as I could before joining looking at
archives and reading programming 101 and Bruce Plecans tuning tips.  More of
you people seem to be working on speed density systems and not MAF systems.
If anyone would be willing to answer a few simple basic questions for me it
would be appreciated.  I am not going to ask tuning advise.  I can figure
that part out on my own.  I do however need guidance on some of the tables
and what they control.

For instance:  I have the GMEPro software.  There are 6 MAF tables and a
scaler for each table.  What do these affect?  It seems by changing the
scaler you can affect the entire table.  The constants are listed as counts.
Counts?  What is meant by counts?

Second, Say when I build my 383 and install 30 lb injectors.  My closed open
loop idle will be way rich.  How do I reduce IPW at idle with the bigger
injectors?

These questions don't seem too off the wall for this list.  Anyone out there
willing to help?  Not everyone can start out as an expert.  Am I just having
a bad day?

Jason Norris
89 Vette, Eager to Learn, Looking for help