Fuel injector cleaning system?

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Wed Aug 16 21:05:13 GMT 2000

> Anyone have any good or bad experience with any of the fuel injector
cleaning
> systems out there?  Do they actually work very often?

There used to be some good ones out there, but since everything is now
hazardous chemicals, the good stuff is about gone, IMHO.  Anymore all I use
is Slick 50 fuel injector cleaner, and if that doesn't work in two tries
it's out and to the injector guy for a pro cleaning, and replacemtn if
needed.  All th stuff in plastic bottles is just alkyhol, IMO.
If a project car that gonna be in the shop forra while, use some sta-bil,
had in a car here for 2 years, and no problems.  Nothing seemed to rot or
leak when started.

> My stepfather is considering purchasing one because of all of the injected
> vehicles the family has (they also own a bodyshop so we always have
project
> vehicles around as well) and he was thinking  it may be useful to have
around.
> The system he is looking at costs around $700 and is being sold by the
Matco
> tool guy.

How cost effective is it really?.  Tools is good Karma, but if it's used 2x
a year will take along time to break even.  Try the Sta-bil, and Slick 50
first IMP
Bruce