magnetic trigger coil driver load req'd for signal use?

Clay B clayb at sonic.net
Mon Aug 21 15:40:33 GMT 2000

Hi Mike,

I've also got the Crane trigger. Turns out the magnet wasn't quite close
enough to the pickup. I've got a 3/8" motor plate to mount the motor, and
it wants the pickup to be mounted too far forward. A little custom
modification moved the pickup nearer the magnet, and made it trigger. ECU
pulls up to 5V, Crane trigger switches to ground. Works fine. CD ignition
fires lightning bolts, at twice the rate of the old dizzy.

I'll be taking it up to the lake this weekend for tuning. Should be
interesting...

- Clay