Partial success

Seth sethea at mediaone.net
Tue Aug 22 00:57:58 GMT 2000

I was under the impresion that the MR2 s/c had bypass loop, but I am
most likely wrong.  I can't see why a turbo style blow off valve(s)
wouldn't work if is blow thru, other than wearing them out (quickly?).
They will be open a lot longer than normal (most of the time) whereas
with a turbo, they just deal with wheel/ gas column inertia on overrun.
But it will cost HP during cruise to blow all that air around the engine
compartment. Sounds like a suck thru s/c, bypass loop, or s/c clutch
might be another way to go.

For crude results, a full throttle solenoid closed throttle plate that
controls the bypass loop?

-Seth