Custom EFI manifold design

Stowe, Ted-SEA StowT at PerkinsCoie.com
Tue Aug 22 19:11:44 GMT 2000

I have put an efi system on my mgb, and attempted to design a port injection
manifold, however the costs and labor were getting way out of hand. There is
an enormous amount of work in just using a throttle body, the one you have
sounds like it would be a good start. I would acquire an intact donor car,
that preferably still runs and take all the pieces out of that. Designing
building and making a home built port injection manifold and making that a
'daily driver' is a long task, unless you own a machine shop or something
like that, or do this commercially.

thanks Ted

-----Original Message-----
From: Wes Branchflower [mailto:hemi_265 at hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 22, 2000 2:08 PM
To: diy_efi at diy-efi.org
Subject: Custom EFI manifold design

Hello everyone again, my second message!
I need some advice on my custom EFI project. A lot of the information I have
seen has been more about the 'software' side of EFI, and not much about the
'hardware'. (by hardware i don't mean chips etc, i mean manifolds, fuel
pumps etc)

I wrote a message a little while ago, where i don't think i included enogh
information to get a good reply.

I have a 4.3litre Six cylinder (265cu.) Chrystler hemi motor. For those
people not from Australia, these motors were in the Chrysler Chargers (1972)
Factory the R/T Charger put out 226kw.

The stock 2bbl carby intake manifold i have, splits of into 6 runners
ranging in length from 10cm to 25cm.

The intake runners are square, with slightly rounded corners. The hollow
insides measure 38mm X 38mm, with a 47mm diagonal measurement.

My aim is a compromise between high performance, and street driveability.
Could some wise person, direrect me (the young and misguided fool) in the
right direction for my EFI conversion?

I plan to make a new intake manifold from scratch, i just need some help
and/or formua's for designing the manifold.

>From previous replies i was told just to use a single throttle body, (70mm
diameter), but i don't understand why? The 70mm throttle body i have is off
a 4.0 litre Ford motor. But the hemi is a 4.3 litre? It's not uncommon to
have one of these sixes at 7000rpm.

thanks to everyone in advance.
Cya!
NOTICE:  This communication may contain privileged or other confidential information.  If you are not the intended recipient, or believe that you have received this communication in error, please do not print, copy, retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the information.  Also, please indicate to the sender that you have received this email in error, and delete the copy you received. Thank you.