Partial success - final take

dzorde at erggroup.com dzorde at erggroup.com
Thu Aug 24 00:17:53 GMT 2000

Thanks again for the replies.  OK, I think I have all required info now.
Essentially, enough people have convinced me that the blow through set-up
is not the completely correct way to go, the final person was the speed
store that gave me some rough prices of around A$400 for a suitable BOV and
only around A$250 for a bypass valve.  So I'll strip out the tbi and just
use it as an injector mount and fit a tpi style throttle body before the
s/c (should be able to pick up a tpi unit for free I hope) and run a bypass
style system.  Guess, I'll be going looking for a suitable throttle body on
Saturday.  That Ford 4.0L 70mm job sounded pretty good, just the right size
to fit my current inlet pipe.

Now does anyone know, if removing the throttle blade out of the tbi will
have any effect on the delivery of fuel in the tbi, is the shear of the
throttle blade used for fuel vaporization in these systems ?

Dan  dzorde at erggroup.com