Partial success - final take

Ludis Langens ludis at cruzers.com
Fri Aug 25 06:24:01 GMT 2000

Bruce Plecan wrote:

> Then use a 747.
> Just don't know if there is really a way to make the 747 work on a 4.  I've
> heard hints, but never a true yes it will work if you use a netres from X,
> or what ever.

I took a quick look at the '747 code.  A dual injector TBI 4-cyl ought
to work with a '747.  Further, it shouldn't need a special netres.  For
a TBI, the ECM hardware doesn't care about the number of cylinders - it
just fires an injector with every ignition event.  The netres is thus
used only for limp home mode.  Actually, that's not quite true.  The
'747 netres also selects between alternating and simultaneous injector operation.

A possible 4-cyl netres to try might be the one from a 1226867 ECM.
That's for a single injector 2.0L 4-cyl.