Partial success - final take

dzorde at erggroup.com dzorde at erggroup.com
Mon Aug 28 00:12:19 GMT 2000

<From: "Walter Sherwin" <wsherwin at home.com>
<
<Yes, the small areas between the TBI throttle blade edges and the bore
walls
<play a HUGE role in fuel atomization in TBI setups.

Bugger, thought that might be the case, but it'll be fairly easy to try and
at least experience what happens.  After all I'm really more interested in
gaining experience doing this.

<If wanting to attempt a bladeless quasi-TBI blow-thru fuel delivery
<mechanism for a wet manifold & dry S/C application, then perhaps think
about
<installing PFI injectors in place of the TBI injectors downstream of the
<S/C.

PFI injectors ?

<What you have proposed is not new, but needs a fair bit of research to
work
<right.  Ideally, true port fuel injection is the best way to go in
<conjunction with the throttle upstream of the S/C.

We'll its taken 2 years so far, so a another year more or less (sulk, sulk,
I miss the 850).  I have looked at trying to machine 4 injector holes for
tpi, but if you go through the side there are 4 spark plugs in the way, and
if you angle down from the top, there's a big section of coolant area in
each end that gets in the way (including thermostat outlet and temp
sensor).  hence the reason for going tbi.

Dan  dzorde at erggroup.com