Partial success - final take

Bruce Plecan nacelp at bright.net
Mon Aug 28 22:47:19 GMT 2000

> Yup, I'm with you all the way on this one Bruce.  Raising the TBI
injectors
> by at least 0.25" sure helps the situation a bunch.  I often  wonder why
GM
> never did this from the factory?

There was probably one car, with a real air cleaner conflect so they all got
cut rather then another part no., or some strange reason like that.

 It's pretty straight forward.  Oddly
> enough, their solution for one problematic application that comes to mind
> (93 L19 dual 2" blade 220 style TBI) was to put a deflector drop-tube
thingy
> below the blade in the passenger's side plenum, to "redirect" the stream
of
> fuel that tended to run rearward/down the passenger's side blade at part
> throttle.  Seems kinda like the symptom was addressed, but not the
problem?

Holley also had a deflector ring at one time with there kit.
They don't have the time that us silly folks do LOL.
Bruce