pulse width meter project

steve ravet sravet at arm.com
Tue Aug 29 18:57:03 GMT 2000

Peter Gargano wrote:

> Steve, good to see people documenting their projects...
>
> steve ravet wrote:
> >
> > On the diy-efi WWW page is a Protel schematic, a jpg of the same
> > (thanks for the suggestions)
>
> How did you finally convert the schematic to a JPG?

Printscreen copies the entire screen to the clipboard, paste into
paintbrush (wow that's slow), trim down, convert to jpeg with some
software that came with a digital camera.

> If you turn off the grid display, that will bring the file size down
> a bit ( from 270 odd k!!). Also, Protel's "bus" feature is good to get
> the number of individual traces down to aid readability and understanding
> of how the circuit works (eg. bus D0 .. D7 to LCD display).

Good idea...  I do have a lot to learn.  I'm not sure if Protel is
obtuse, or if I am.

> 40 pin 16c64? I guess the 16x84 with just 18 pins would also be a
> suitable candidate too?

A smaller PIC would certainly work.  I happened to have 2 16C64s lying
around so that's what I used.

--steve

--
Steve Ravet