pulse width meter project

Eric Aos EOA at spartek.com
Tue Aug 29 20:00:24 GMT 2000

> On Tue, 29 Aug 2000 10:32:36 -0700, Eric Aos <EOA at spartek.com> wrote:
>
> >Just how good is that protection?
>
> >> LM2940-5, which has all the automotive protection features, such as
> >> reverse batt, double batt, load dump protection, etc. You probly
> >> already knew that, tho. :)
>
> Go to www.national.com and punch in the LM2940, download the
> datasheet, and see for yourself. Your question above is awfully vague;
> the regulator is *designed* for automotive use, hence it covers the
> litany of std automotive protection cases. Dunno what else to tell ya.
>
> Gar

Not being an EE, my only point of reference for an automotive power supply
has been the one for the EFI332 project. That one had a bunch of other stuff
(techincal term) in it for protection from all the nasties. I have a PIC
microcontroller, and a DP Ram chip. Again not being an EE, I'm not sure how
clean a supply this is as opposed to how clean it needs to be... I did get
the data sheet, and it looks easy enough to try.

Thanks,
Eric