SV: data collection and storage.....

espen hilde mwichstr at online.no
Thu Aug 31 21:18:05 GMT 2000

Thanks Steve...you make it sound so easy....I think I had to ask so many
questions here to make it that I had exhausted everyone , I cant design a
system like this but maybe I could do a little soldering.chip memory and
UART like you say sounds good.
Is there some ready made out there thats cheep and easy to use and good
quality....
Thanks
Espen.....

Ready made or do-it-yourself?  You can pick the flavor of
microcontroller you like (PIC, Atmel, 68xx, ARM, 8051) and find one with
the number of A/D inputs you need.  Some will have enough on chip memory
to store the data, some (like PIC) will need to have an external SRAM.
Pick one with a UART also, and you can dump the data to a PC when you're
finished.

--steve

espen hilde wrote:

> Hi! My son has started driving boat curcuit racing ....I want to store
datas from speed (map 2.5bar)
> (top speed 40knots) exhaust temp (egor?).trottle position,engine rpm,
coolant temp,
> 5 channels + some for things I have forgot that is important.20min
storage is enough.
> I would prefer to not have a laptop inside this little v buttom .
> any thoughts or suggestions ?
> Espen

quotes)

Steve Ravet