Injecor impedance?

Rich M rsrich at cwcom.net
Mon Dec 4 09:34:02 GMT 2000

klas,
I'm not familiar with specs for the BUK device you quote, but provided it
can deal with a couple of amps without struggling, and there is a mechanism
for clamping excess back-emf from the injector inductance when it switches,
you should have no problem, no ballast required.
The back-emf can be clamped (60V is a good max. value) by external device
(transorb etc.) or inherently by the switching device - a lot of Mosfets
incorporate internal active clamping mechanisms to provide them with an
'avalanche energy' rating; you should be able to see if this is the case
from the datasheet.
If i get a chance, I'll try and look at a data sheet for this device.
Regards

Rich