Wierd application, hypothetical question.

Pat Ford pford at qnx.com
Thu Dec 7 16:22:15 GMT 2000

 It wont, run away is a different beast, what this thread is about is the enrichment to compensate for added boost.

 the worst kind of runaway is when the diesel starts burning its own lube oil, there is NO control and engine speeds get dangerous re quick.

Previously, you (CEIJR at aol.com) wrote:
{ I'm just a lurker, but I can't help asking how the electronic or mechanical
{ matching of fuel pressure to boost on a diesel will keep it from running
{ away. Is this particualr engine air throttled?