Wierd application, hypothetical question.

Pat Ford pford at qnx.com
Thu Dec 7 16:27:14 GMT 2000

 There are other run away situations, bad pcv valves and excessive blowby spring to mind, or the one that scared me a ingersol rand 750 CFM air compressor powered by a BIG 6cyl. 2 stroke diesel, the supercharger had a bad oil seal only the quick thinking of one of the operator saved the engine. He discharged a fire extinguisher onto the intake!

Previously, you (Shirley, Mark R) wrote:
{ No, I am not matching fuel pressure to boost pressure, but instead turning
{ up the fuel screw referenced
{ to boost.  That means, no boost, it acts like a normally fueled engine.  Get
{ into boost, you have an abundance
{ of air that can be burned, so you must add fuel for more power.   It will
{ only run away if you give it more fuel
{ than it can handle.  That can be tailored by spring resistance to the boost
{ aneroid.  It sounds complicated, but
{ it's really very simple.  Also, diesels will only run away if they are being
{ overfueled while there's no load.
{