Does a Bosch LSM-11 use a converntional heater element?

Jörgen Karlsson jurg at pp.sbbs.se
Sat Dec 9 12:52:46 GMT 2000

I will start to do some experiments with the LSM11 sensor now, I want to
make sure that the heater can be driven without any regulation as an
ordinary lambda sensor.

I would be very thankful for any input.

Initially I only want to compare the sensor output with the output from a
Bosch wide band O2 analyzer, I will use exhaust gas temperature as a
reference. The goal at this stage is only to get some data to work with.

In the working circuit I plan to measure the sensor element temperature in
the same way as the DDL or the DIY WBO2 does it, that is by measuring the
cell resistance. I hope to be able to leave the heater uncontrolled or with
minimal control. If the heater will need to be controlled I will try to use
the cell temperature as a reference, as it is done in the DIY WBO2 project.

Jörgen Karlsson
Gothenburg, Sweden