Suzuki cycle ECUs?

Wayne Macdonald wmcdonal at optushome.com.au
Sun Dec 10 00:51:13 GMT 2000

<There's only two options for tuning - Dynojet's PC II (a "piggyback" box) and
Yoshimura's programming tool, which is very limited in its adjustment.  I'd like to tune
the bike better than those tools allow.>

I agree about these two solutions not being very good, I have done some work with the
TL1000, I have been working on a box that plugs in between the ECU and the injectors, It
takes in TPS and RPM and allows tuning of the fuel value for every 10% throttle and 500
RPM, The tuning amount is a trim (+ / - percentage) that is applied to the pulse that the
ECU generated, It actually interpolates down to 1% throttle and 100 RPM.
You are correct about the TL1000 being a poor map from the factory, A friend put a Motec
ECU on a bike that had pipes and cams, They had a Power commander on it and the best they
could get was 123hp at the rear wheel, With the Motec they took it to a brake dyno and
did the fuel and spark curves and got it up to 148 at the rear wheel, This was without
any other mechanical changes.
Have a look at http://www.hutch.com.au/~wmcdonal I managed to get 142 from a Triumph T595
with a change in ECU.

<A guy by the name of Eric Stratten had some information up about the Suzuki TL1000S ECU>

If you find this info please pass it on to me as well.

Wayne.