New member, programming under boost questions

Dave Plummer davepl at MICROSOFT.com
Tue Feb 1 17:15:46 GMT 2000

> > My first goal, under the heading of "learn on the old motor first", is
> > eliminate the FMU and alter the spark tables to be better suited to the
> > blown application.
>
> I don't see the logic in eliminating the FMU.  It's the only thing raising
> your fuel capacity.

It's barely needed on a stock LT1 as it is (the car has a MAF), and I'll be
using larger injectors for the larger motor.

> If you don't have enough fuel, still will be lean.  Or possibly too much
(I
> doubt)

Then how to other tuners accomplish this?

> The LT1 is stock form has no accomodation for boost.  To do this right you
> need for the calibration to see what the engine load is.

Que?  Without the FMU right now with stock programming the 02 values are low
800s.  All I need to do is get it up to about 880mv, and I don't think I
believe there's not enough capacity in the stock fuel system.

- Dave