Information regarding ECU6..

Al Lipper alipper at cardozo.org
Tue Feb 1 18:05:21 GMT 2000

Ali,
	I'll try to provide what info I can.
Scaling Constant (SC) is to convert the byte value stored in the fuel table
(IVV) into a pulse width.  For example, if a value looked up in the table
should produce a pulse width (PW) of 1512us (1.5ms), it might have an IVV of
36 (the byte looked up in the main fuel map) and the SC would be 42 (for the
whole table).  THe SC is because the table can only store a 0-255 value, so
we need a way tp represent a large number like 1512.

"TA" is an abreviation for Trans Am, the model of car I tested this on -
this spreadsheet contains data for that car.

Scaling Constant is for engine temperature compensation.  Is increased by a
percentage using this value for cold operation.  Look at the {CALC_PW}
routine in ECU6 for the detailed math.  Scaling constant is read from the
table into CLV%.

There is no easy way to get tables for other cars - check on Holley's web
site, they might have some that can be converted using the excel macros in
the spreadsheet.  But really, you adjust them on your car until they work.
The thing to remember is that your car will run with an excessively rich
mixture, but not really at all with anything more than a slightly lean
mixture.  Good luck.

			Al