help - Motronic M1.5 adaptation issues

Rich M rsrich at cwcom.net
Fri Feb 11 10:05:15 GMT 2000

Motronic M1.5 batch fires the injectors (all at the same time) so the motor
running will probably be pretty insensitive to injector timing retard.
I have a feeling that the crank sensor does not statically align with the
tooth gap at TDC - not much help that on it's own I know, but if I get the
opportunity I'll try and find out.
Rich.

snip

> 2.  Initially I thought that I had mispositioned the crank sensor
> relative to
> the trigger wheel.  If I had the crank sensor mispositioned by 20
> deg retarded
> the injector firing should be retarded also.  Would the engine
> not reflect this
> when running?  Does anyone know the static angular relationship
> between TDC,
> crank sensor location and the missing teeth on the trigger wheel
> for Motronic
> systems?  I am making an assumption that the relationship would
> be similar for
> various versions of the Motronic series.

snip